Go back to normal view
The Old School Rooms were erected in 1837 by the then Vicar of Rothley, Revd William Ackworth as the village school and extended further in 1871 by the Vicar at the time, the Revd Richard Burton. It ceased being a school in 1968 when a new school was built on Mountsorrel Lane, which in turn was replaced in 2015 by the new Rothley Church of England Primary (Academy) on Burrow Drive.
The Old School Rooms continue to be used as a resource for education by the Church childrens’ and youth activites, Christianity Explored courses and various community meetings.
The rooms can also be hired (contact Mike Banks on 0116 237 6832 or email the church office) for childrens' birthday parties, wedding anniversaries and small scale meetings and courses that fit well into the facilities. We have a well equipped kitchen, carpeted floors and modern decor.
The Old School Rooms are located on School Street in Rothley, near to the church.